The Modern Communication Landscape
The online Master of Communication Management (MCM) is designed to build real-world leaders for the modern workplace through a rigorous curriculum and experiential learning. This online communication management degree is a deep exploration of communication principles and practices, featuring coursework in key areas such as research and data synthesis, organizational communication, audience analysis and communication strategies for emerging media.
- Explore central theories in organizational communication, such as systems theory, institutional theory and network theory.
- Learn to delegate in a constructive manner that fosters effectiveness and organizational efficiency.
- Develop your ability to identify organizational challenges, and verbally propose and defend strategic solutions.
- Discover how to design, construct and present an integrated marketing communications plan, using traditional and social media to deliver your message.
- Identify tactics to help you clearly pinpoint and profile your target audience – the first step in virtually any effective communications plan.
- Refine your ability to identify destructive behavior in the workplace and how to respond using available channels of intervention.
The best online communication management programs deliver a full toolbox of advanced skills as well as the practical training to help you use those skills in the real world. The USC online Master of Communication Management culminates with an experiential practicum course to give students the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned in professional settings. The Communication Research Practicum challenges you to pick a communication crisis within your organization and collaborate with your cohort and faculty to solve that crisis.