Overview of Communication Management Generalist
Digital media and global business have transformed the communications field and the professionals within it. Modern leaders must be multidisciplined experts to thrive in corporate and strategic communication, marketing and public relations. With the communication management generalist, hone your critical thinking, writing, presentation and oral advocacy expertise to prepare for management opportunities.
How Has the USC MCM Benefited Our Graduates?
reported employment rate upon graduation
received a raise, promotion or new title after completing the program
appreciated the personal satisfaction of earning a degree
said it helped expand knowledge of the industry
Source: USC Annenberg MCM 2018 Graduate Outcomes Survey
Communication Management Careers
MCM graduates have parlayed their degree into key roles at various professional levels. Examples include:
Alumni of the USC MCM online program are difference makers at dynamic organizations of all sorts, including:
- Brown and Caldwell
- Canon Solutions America
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The City of Las Vegas
- General Electric
- GP Strategies
- Integrity Public Relations, Inc.
- Kaiser Permanente
- Keurig Green Mountain
- Outfront Media
- Roots of Peace
- Signet Maritime Corporation
- State Farm
- Teacher Created Materials
- Tesoro Refining and Marketing
- The University of Southern California
The communication management generalist surveys communication strategies, theories, and principles to equip students to be multidisciplinary lifelong communicators. Online students will complete 32 credits hours (approximately 8 courses). This will consist of three (3) core courses and either CMGT 510 or CMGT 597 for their final capstone course.
Communication management generalist students will additionally complete four (4) general courses covering topics in market research, marketing communication, public relations, and strategic organizational communication. Course availability will be determined by student enrollment period.
For your specific course plan, please contact an enrollment advisor.
Benefit from the USC Annenberg Experience
When you become an online MCM student, you are granted access to the renowned USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism and its resources. That means all of our digital libraries, professional networks and accomplished faculty are available to develop your strategic communication expertise and build your confidence to put it into action.
Broaden your skill set with professional growth opportunities:
- Access a multitude of creative workshops, digital tools and events through the USC Annenberg Digital Lounge, an official Adobe Certification Center
- Learn from a world-class faculty of leading experts in marketing, new and social media, change management, research and corporate communication
- Solve real-world problems with experiential learning opportunities
- Engage with diverse, multidisciplinary professionals across industries
- Connect with more than 15,000 USC Annenberg alumni worldwide